Ingredients (serves 4)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L (4 cups) salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 400g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 450g broccoli, cut into florets
- 75g spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 90g (1/3 cup) light sour cream
- 1 tbs basil
- Fresh basil sprigs, to serve
- Crusty bread slices, to serve
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Add onion and stir for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add stock and potato. Bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and simmer for 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add spinach. Simmer for 1 minute or until just wilted. Set aside to cool.
- Add basil leaves. Blend one-third of mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat twice with remaining mixture. Cook soup over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine sour cream and Basil in a bowl. Divide soup among bowls. Top with sour cream and basil sprigs. Serve with bread.